You’ve chosen your dress, you’ve sorted your shoes and the earrings are locked and loaded. There’s just one essential item you need to complete your look, and that’s an on-trend clutch bag or purse. It might seem like an afterthought, but not only does a trusty clutch complement your glamorous evening wear, it also acts as a storage solution for evening essentials that could prevent prom disaster.
Here we showcase the four must-have clutch bag styles for SS13, then highlight the key catwalk trends that inspired the look. We then give you a list of the essential things you need to pack in yours. Like we said before. A clutch isn’t just a pretty case, it could also save your style if you have a wardrobe malfunction.
The Neon Box
Luminous neon is a huge SS13 trend, having made its colour-shocking debut on Louis Vuitton’s catwalk. Work this box-shaped clutch with a classic black dress for an injection of florescent flair.
The Studded Heart Hardcase
Featuring all-over stud detail, this heart-shaped clutch references the embellished trend made popular by Moschino and Prada this season.
The Colour Pop Clutch
Every fashionista knows that colour-blocking is a go-to look for smart/casual dates. Match this fun-sized fuchsia clutch to your shoes, or clash with a bold and bright statement dress for an intense burst of colour.
The Hi-Shine Metallic
Add extra glamour to any outfit with this metallic clutch. It’s perfect for channeling the hi-shine trend on Burberry, Viktor and Rolf and Dior’s SS13 catwalks.
Now for what to pack in your chosen clutch…
- Pucker up. Whether you’re going to your prom with a date or you have your eye on someone who’s going to be there, it’s good to be prepared in case you need to pucker up. With this in mind, pack a pink tinted lip gloss and gum. Good luck!
- Sewing kit and safety pins. If disaster strikes and your dress rips, it’s good to know you have it covered with a sewing kit in your clutch bag. Don’t know how to use a needle and thread? Then safety pins are another great way to keep your dress strap in place if it breaks. Simple.
- Double-sided tape. Jennifer Lopez is a big fan and Janet Jackson probably should be after that Super-Bowl boob a few years back… Pack double-sided tape to ensure your dress stays put while you’re on the dancefloor.
- Superglue. It might sound weird, but this is great if your heel suddenly breaks. Simply superglue it back on, then get back to the important stuff – dancing.
- Finally,don’t forget your ticket! That could be embarrassing.
Recent posts in Accessories