Links Ã la Mode: The IFB Weekly RoundupDecember 4th, 2009 | Posted by Queen Bee
My Black Friday at Old Navy post was selected as a Link a la Mode! And btw, if you haven’t checked it out already, you should definitely visit the Independent Fashion Bloggers site. They have some really interesting fashion and blogging articles and are a great resource if you are interested in starting your own fashion blog.
Links Ã la Stocking Stuffers
Edited by Fashion Pulse Daily
This week, as Iâ€™ve been getting geared up for the holiday seasonâ€™s shopping ( both loving and dreading it) via Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I couldnâ€™t help but compare the posts to stocking stuffers. Why? Because it felt like a nice, sentimental hodge podge of little items that although different, still fit together into the the bigger equation, hence my new phrase, â€œLinks a la Stocking Stuffers!â€ Although I jest, I love the variety of posts this week, from how to style and what to wear including Retro Chickâ€™s guide to â€™40s hair for holiday parties, CoolMamaStyle.comâ€™s tuxedo jacket, The Covetedâ€™s adventures in Century 21 and What to Wearâ€™s Art Basel fashionable looks, to Prom Mafiaâ€™s run in with Black Friday and SwaySwaySwayâ€™s blissful tactics to keep your computer off on Cyber Monday.
As expected, there was a fabulousÂ round-up of links in the forum as well, all worthy of your eyeballs!
Links Ã la Mode : December 3rd
- 39th and Broadway â€“ How zoning may save the fashion industry
- Bonne Vie â€“ talking about Knockoffs and why making accessible fashion isnâ€™t a bad thing
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor â€“ Interview with Katie Mackay of What Katie Wore, as she reaches the end of her year-longstyle challenge, to wear something different every day!
- CoolMamaStyle.com -Â Binge or Bargain: Black Tuxedo Jacket
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Saks Fifth Avenue & Windows 7; an unlikely pairing for the holidays!
- Fashion XK8 â€“ Explores Fashion through local anthropology
- Girl Friday â€“ Mad About the Tote
- Little Miss Makeup: Smoky Eyeshadow: A Timeless Makeup Trend
- Oranges and Apples -Â Fashioning the Future: my favourites from the 2009 sustainable fashion awards
- Painfully Hip - Edie Sedgwick takes San Francisco (she was born a California Girl, after all)!
- Prom Mafia â€“ Surviving Old Navyâ€™s Black Friday Sales
- Rags to Reverie - How Essie got me to embrace nail color once again
- Retro Chick -Â A Step by Step Guide to Easy 40s Style Party Hair
- Style Symmetry â€“ Blog to Watch ~ My Mom, The Style Icon
- SwaySwaySway -A short and humorous guide to beating those seductive Cyber Monday urges
- [the 3st] - Interview with Hungarian Designer Dora Mojzes, recently featured at the Marie Claire Fashion Show,
- The Art of Accessories - helps you find a gift for everyone on your list with the 2009 Winter Gift Guide
- The Coveted â€“ Finds designers at an old favorite discount department store, Century 21
- The Door in My Wardrobe â€“ A lengthy post about fabric weaves and fibers, helpful for vintage hunter
- The Working Wardrobe - Check out these eco-friendly ties that work with your outfit and your office dress code.
- What to Wear -Art Basel Miami Beachâ€“the most important art show in the United States
Tags: links a la modeCategories: Independent Fashion Bloggers