Springtime is prom-time and the big day is almost here! If this is the year of your prom, you will probably have started planning for your big night, and although the prom preparations are usually half of the fun, they can be pretty stressful, too. Make sure you plan ahead so that everything will run smoothly as there are many things to think about, apart from who your date will be!
We’ve all seen the TV shows and the movies about the night of all nights: the prom. Although it’s easy to get caught up in all the stereotypes and the crazy expectations, remember that prom is supposed to be a celebration of your last year of high school, and stress shouldn’t be part of it. In this article we will give you some helpful tips for an unforgettable prom night.
Plan, plan, plan!
We all love to be surprised. But not on prom night. To make sure that you won’t be faced with unexpected situations, planning for your prom night well in advance is very important.
- Start paging through magazines or browse the internet to get prom dress ideas and save pictures of the dresses you like.
- Hair, nail and make-up appointments should be scheduled way ahead of time. The closer you get to THE night, the more difficult it will be to get an appointment at the salon.
- Start thinking about photos. Prom night is one of those nights you’ll want to remember forever. There is no need at to all to hire an expensive professional photographer, however, unless you absolutely want to. The nicest pics will be the ones you and your friends take of each other. Spontaneous ‘action-photography’ makes for the best results, and with Instagram you can make all of them look amazing.
The date thing
If you’ve already been asked by someone or if you have someone in mind that you want to ask, great! If you haven’t, don’t stress, there are alternatives.
Beware the romantic expectations
- Prom dates often come with all kinds of pressure. Your date may have romantic or sexual expectations for the after-prom festivities or perhaps you’re putting pressure on yourself to do things you’re actually not ready for. Unfortunately, movies are often partly to blame for this. Remember, prom nights should be all about fun and if you don’t feel comfortable about something, don’t do it. Your date will have to understand.
No date? No problem.
- Again, your prom night should be all about fun, fun and more fun. And that certainly shouldn’t depend solely on a date. You can be sure that unforgettable memories will be made, whether it is with a date, a good guy-friend or your bunch of besties.
That stunning ball gown or evening dress you choose should complement your personality, make you feel awesome and, not un-importantly, suit your budget. Also, don’t underestimate the importance of comfort. The last thing you want is to wear an ill-fitting dress that starts suffocating you after an hour. There are some great websites where you can find exquisite prom dresses. And the best is that many of them are marked down, making it easy-peasy to look drop-dead gorgeous without having to break the bank.
Check out these beauties:
Alyce – Ruffle Mermaid Prom Dress
This taffeta and organza masterpiece features a ruffled skirt in mermaid style, a corset back and a front slit. The bodice of the dress is adorned with sparkly sequins and beads that will make you shine like a diamond.
Blush by Alexia – Low back satin prom dress
Be the belle of the ball with this exquisite blue satin low-back satin prom dress. The sexy open back is adorned with sparkly jewels, working their way back to the front on the v-neck.
Alyce one-shoulder prom dress
This one-shoulder silky chiffon beaut has a stunning beaded bodice and a front-slit skirt. The ruched waist meets the ruched strap, knotting across the low v-back. The long, floor length sashes make this dress a one-of-a-kind head turner.
Mignon satin halter a-line prom dress
This satin charmeuse gown with v-neck and halter will make you look absolutely ravishing. It has an a-line style skirt with a plunging, open back and sparkly sequined details.
Tags: prom dress, Prom Dresses, prom prep
Posted in prom, Prom Dresses